Dementia Waikato runs regular dementia seminars for people supporting/socialising/working with someone who has dementia. These seminars are open to everyone and are suitable for family groups or individuals. Children 15 years and over are welcome.
- What is dementia; the different types and how is it diagnosed.
- What are the various dementia symptoms.
- Personal, family and community responses to a diagnosis.
- Ways to support a person to live well with dementia.
- Support offered by Dementia Waikato.
- Other supports for the changed abilities in a person with symptoms.
- Self-care and staying strong as a carepartner.
Pre-registration is required for all seminars. Phone us on 07 929 4042.
For more information and all seminar dates please see our full schedule.