Dementia Waikato is a Charitable Trust providing support and information throughout the Greater Waikato Region, for people affected by dementia. Our trained and specialist staff are caring and knowledgeable.
Dementia Waikato provides information, education, ongoing support, advice and personal advocacy for people experiencing dementia, their families/whanau and those who are close to them. A diagnosis of dementia brings up may issues for a person and their supporters. Dementia Waikato helps people to negotiate their way forward in ways that suit their unique experience and circumstances.
How Can We Help?
Dementia Waikato provides:
- Home visits and telephone support
- Care partner support groups throughout the region
- Advice about community support
- Family Education sessions to help understand how a person experiences dementia and develop strategies and skills to support everyone's wellbeing.
- Living with memory loss programmes
- Activity groups for people with dementia
- Information about forms of dementia
- Community awareness talks
- Training for residential care facility staff and in-home carer