Dementia Waikato provides education to people with dementia and their families/whanau in a number of ways, including:
- One-on-one sessions with either the person with dementia or family members
- Specific family group sessions (including special sessions for children and young people)
- Training for residential care facility staff and in-home paid carers
- Information and awareness sessions about dementia for community organisations
The courses we are offering currently are:
FAMILY INFORMATION SESSIONS
Our Family Education/Information sessions aim to:
- Give carers, family members and friends a greater understanding of dementia and what it means for the person experiencing symptoms.
- Equip you with knowledge and techniques to maximise good and effective communications.
- Help you understand how to keep yourself well and energised to remain an effective support person.
There is no charge for our clients but a donation to assist with our running costs will be greatly appreciated.
These groups facilitate essential social interaction and stimulation. Activities include a weekly Walking Group, fortnightly Art Group, fortnightly Creativity Club and weekly Music Groups.
For more information please phone the office on 07 929 4042.